Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I just heard that terrible noise again!


April 5th 2003. Easily the saddest day of my life to date. That is the day the Judge in Dade City, Florida said I had to be out of my house. 8530 Ehren Cutoff, Land O' Lakes, Florida. I have not been down that road since. While I have been able to move on with so much of my life, that still haunts me today. Now when I hear someone even hint or suggest that Divorce is an option I cringe. If I have one heard one excuse I have heard a million.

"It's best for all."
"The kids will be fine."
"I can't take it anymore."
"It is her fault."
"I can't trust him any more."
"He/she hurt me so bad this time."
"I cannot take it any more."

Reality:
Your kids have just lost their most precious learning tool in life. Mom and Dad.

Weddings, birthdays,and Holidays will now take on a very uncomfortable feeling.

You just taught them that failure is an option in marriage.

Their is no aspect of Divorce that 50-50 is a reality.

You cannot make up for the time you lose with them.

The anouncement of good new or bad news like a wedding, death, or pregnancy will now have to be deliverd seperately to those they love.

They will find it tough to buy the appropriate greeting card for many occasions.

Sometimes you will only be able to love them from a distance.

And for me I hate the noise of the AC or the Fridge compressor kicking on. Oh how I yearn for the silence to go away sometimes.

1 comment:

Johnny said...

I actually have been divorced. My wife lieft me for my best friend (some friend!). Anyways, we didn't have children and I praise God for that. I am fortuante to have come from parents that have been married for 35 years. I feel for kids who come from broken homes.