Friday, October 17, 2008

4 am...in the morning

Kingdom work is what my good friend Roy calls it. I have to ask what kind of Kingdom work are you doing lately. It is now 4am in the morning and for me I have been up for 2 hours. Just wide awake and wondering about my future and what God has in store for me today. Then it hit me....what do I have in store for his kingdom. Sometimes I think that as Christian we wait on God to much.
I know for me I am someone who needs to be fine tuned by God some...ok, a lot. I often talk to my buddy Mr. H. about the Kingdom and what we can do for it someday, but what about today. I want today to be the best day but in order to do that I have to fight off all the distractions and for me it is time management. I am horrible about managing my time for his Kingdom. Last night I had to call a friend of mine and tell him because of my pathetic time management I had to drop his study. Someone else could have taken my place, but instead I did not think things out in the beginning or I would have realized my plate was already full of commitments. Ok, now you know why I have been up 2 hours. Whenever I let the Kingdom down I feel so bad, but more importantly will I learn something from it. I pray I do and am tired of this time management issue I have. I guess what I am trying to get at is that in order to advance his Kingdom we sometime have to look no further then ourselves. Tough one sometimes, but has to be done.

No comments: