Monday, November 12, 2007

Save me a seat Brian H.




M-I -S-S-I-O-N Statements. Oh, how I hate them. That is what I told a friend of mine yesterday. I come from a sales background and everyone and I do mean everyone has a mission statement they want to give to their customers. The problem is I have NEVER seen one put into practice, completed, realistic, and most of all truthful. So why in the world would my friend tell me I need to write one. He did because he understands the importance of writing out Mission Statements and Goals. Easy, well no, as a matter of fact he shared how difficult it was for him in the beginning. Upon hearing of his difficulty and my lack of desire of writing them out I was sure there was no way I was going to do that.


Enter the holy spirit. The next thing he did was to hand me a copy of his Mission Statement followed by his Goals. Wow! I barely made it past the first sentence as my heart began to anticipate the rest of what he had written. His mission statement was incredible and spiritually thought out and firmly filtered through his heart. Do you have a Mission Statement? I know I really didn't have one written except for the one in my head that seems to change with the wind. I guess another way to say it is do you have a direction in mind for the rest of your life? My desire is to now write my Mission Statement. I am not sure how long this will take but I intend on doing it soon. While I believe it to be inappropriate to share his mission and his goals here in this forum I will share a passage he selected.

Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Each step for me creates a direction I am headed in on this journey of eternity. I thank my brother for sharing his Mission Statement. Do you have one? I wonder in fact if it is the journey itself that justifies the means.

GBDG

2 comments:

Jeff V said...

I run a Christian web site and I was wondering if you would like to trade links?

Let me know.

Jeff V
http://www.godsurfer.com/

D said...

Can you help me to understand the last sentence you wrote, "I wonder in fact if it is the journey itself that mystifies the means."

You da-man!!! Thanks for the blog entry, it was very encouraging and challenging!