Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Funny how things look now.

7.5 hours and a few seconds to Thanksgiving. Holiday time is here. Still the toughest time for me each year PD (Post Divorce). I heard some people talking, well to be honest complaining about some things the other day and then I reflected back on previous Thanksgivings for me.


I use to think these things.
  • How can I satisfy everyone and be in 5 places at once.
  • Why does my wife stress over having everything perfect.
  • I hate the fact I have to work the next day while everyone seems to have it off.
  • Mom's cooking is the best but I have to eat everywhere I go.

  • The dreaded ads in the paper just baiting the wife to buy and spend for Christmas based on the fact she was getting a bargain.
  • I hated dealing with people that seemed to only come around once a year.
  • Trying to explain for the millionth time I hate cobbler.
  • Listening to old stories of Thanksgivings in the past when I just want to find a couch to sleep and watch football.
  • Hoping the kids would just entertain themselves.

But now....


I would love to see everyone all together just one more time.

She was just trying to please everyone including me.

How blessed I was and am to have a job these days and then.

Some people have nothing and I was complaining about quantity.

Wished I would have shared in her joy of shopping and planning.

At least I had the "once", some people did not even have that!

Should have got it with ice cream instead.

Now I catch myself just remembering old times and hating football.

Spent more time with my son. POW! Major hint to all Dads.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and take time to enjoy the Holiday.

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS EVERY SINGE DAY. GO BLESS.



















No comments: