Monday, September 3, 2007

The answer is in the mirror.....

Each time I sit down to write this I pray to God to show me something in the day that is important to him. It seems as every day is a lesson. However, this morning I was struggling. What was that nugget he wanted me to speak about? Well, it came in the form of a haircut. I had my first attempt at cutting my own hair alone yesterday. Derek had been teaching me how and I knew it was time to go solo. So, off I went complete with doubt and lack of confidence. With the mirror in one hand and the cutter buzzing loud I took my first sweep. Pow! I don't have much hair to begin with but after that first swipe I was convinced it was all gone. I did finish and for my first time thought I did OK. Unfortunately, I could not bring myself to squaring off the back so later on Derek did the honors.

Four of my good friends had a chance to meet yesterday at Derek's house. What a blessing that home has become to so many. We were sharing what God means to us and how our lives have been changed so much. What makes God real to you one of the men asked yesterday? Two things immediately came to mind. One is the people and events that God has placed in my life and the other is my past.
Whenever I woke up this morning I had no idea what to write about. I decided to get up and take a look to see how Derek had done with the trim job on the back of my neck. So with a hand mirror in one hand and the big bathroom mirror behind me I took a look. Pow! That was it. I noticed how by looking in the hand mirror I could see what was behind me, but the reflection of the big bathroom mirror also showed me what was ahead. As a christian man I need to know how far I have come and how God has been there all along. My past is an indicator of just that. While some may say you should only look ahead I say that sometimes looking behind us does show us how far we have come and how much God has done in our lives.
Make God real in your life and get to know him more every day.
CYBESD

3 comments:

D said...

I think there's needs to be another blog entry dedicated to explaining the different tactics you used to try and square off the back of your neck. A belt? Maybe a ruler and a third arm would have done better? haha Tried them all myself so I can relate!

D said...

Sorry the bad grammer I meant to say "I think there needs to be" not the other way!

D said...

Geez...again I meant to say "Sorry for the bad grammar" not only grammar but spelling....WOW!