Sunday, September 16, 2007

It was time to go

Last night at Church we heard a great sermon on fear and a series that was incredible. Pastor Q did such a great job. Each week started by the Pastor entering through the door on stage to begin their sermon. However, last night Pastor Q ended the sermon by asking everyone to go through the door and leave their fears behind. He said that if we really wanted to do that and trust God and give him our fears just to enter the door and leave our fears behind. I saw a few get up then a few more and then finally long lines begin to develop as everyone went through the door. It was impressive. I sat and kept watching everyone. Fear is an emotion that can be for some so overwhelming. It for me can be paralyzing. I kept watching as many of my friends went through the door with their wives, girlfriends, and kids. Each one willing to leave those fears behind. All of them accepting the invitation to step up and go through and leave them behind. One of my brothers came up where I was sitting and asked me a question. He nailed it and I did not answer him truthfully because it was me fearing the truth. I looked up a few minutes later and the door closed. Maybe next time. It was time to go.

I love you all,
CYBESD

No comments: