Sunday, September 2, 2007

You can have your cake and eat it too....


Last night it was awesome being invited to go to a friend of mines house and to celebrate his wife's birthday. However, when it came to the cake my buddy seemed to take hours before he served it up. He did make a great move by placing only 4 candles instead of ...... on the cake.

It was a great evening and I never like to pass up a time when I can be with my friends. While driving home I pondered the old saying "you can't have your cake and eat it too". Sounds pretty worldly to me. One of the things this great walk with Christ has taught me is the opposite of that very saying. We can receive his grace, mercy, and love plus have an eternal life with him. I have to admit and even now I sometimes wait for the shoe to drop. What's the catch to it all I sometimes ask myself but time and time again I am proven wrong. I am involved in a lot of small groups and for those seekers it seems to be and underlying theme that this can't be as simple as it sounds and there must be a catch.


Enter the holy spirit. Often they refer to it as their conscious speaking only to discover later that in fact it was of the Lord. We chase the idea that to good of a thing is bad. Our expectation is to prepare for the worst in so many things instead of looking for the joy that God has placed in our lives. Sure trials and tribulations will come but as the word says even during those times we learn our greatest lessons. Praise God for that for sure.


It was a Valiant day for me and now I am heading off to church. One note for the next birthday party at my friends house. When about 7 ladies are playing a trivia came at a dinning table be prepared to start eating the cake because there is no chance of hearing yourself talk.


CYBESD

No comments: