Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"it's up to me"


Last night was an awesome night at the Valiant Man. This is a group of men who have the desire to deal with issues of moral integrity. I am so proud of each of these men who have made the choice to take these issues from dark to light. Yesterday a friend of mine wrote in his blog about how Moses literally buried his sin as to hide it from everyone.

Exodus 2:11-12 One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to where his own people were and watched them at their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people. Glancing this way and that and seeing no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand.

Upon reading this I also began to think about, "guilt" which brought me to Psalm 33.

Psalm 33:5 Finally I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide them. I said to myself, "I will confess my rebellion to the Lord". And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.

This Psalm goes on to say that we can be stubborn like a mule. Why only give God one option. These mighty Valiant Men have chosen to follow God and not be drug like a mule. They have uncovered the sins they buried and are now trusting the Lord to provide healing and grace. These men are now learning how to break free of the sins that once kept them shackled from God. Guilt is a powerful thing and can keep us from the joy that the Lord has promised us all.

Psalm 33:6 Therefore, let all the Godly confess their rebellion to you while there is time, that they may not drown in the floodwater's of judgement.

How much longer are we going to hold onto the guilt and sin in our lives. It's up to me to decide. Just don't forget that no decision is a decision and the clock can stop at any time.

GBDG
CYBESD


Yes, I was a Valiant Man last week.




No comments: