Thursday, September 6, 2007

Today is today not yesterday or tomorrow

Are you ready for the new day? The truth is I am not sometimes. This past week at the Wildmen we watched the Nooma "Today". POW! It was great and although I had already seen it I had not listened to it very well. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not here yet but do we live in them any way? Note the worked live not plan of visit. I catch myself sometime wishing I was back at another time in my life or dreaming about the what the future holds instead of living for today.

This is not to say that visiting in the past isn't OK or setting "goals" for the future is bad but if we forget today then we flat out miss it. The it being what God had in store for us today. How many of those have I missed in a life time. Each day is a gift from God but do I always open it or accept it. Until I do it just another day that has gone from a tomorrow and is now a yesterday.

I am going to a friends house tonight just to hang out. Today is still here and so am I by the grace of God so today I intend to live it as a "Today" for today truly is all I have.

Love you all,
CYBESD

No comments: