Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Divorce simply sucks.....

I heard a few things yesterday that upset me dealing with the subjects of anger and divorce. They really belong together. Just hearing the word divorce sends me immediately into sorrow. God hates divorce and until I experienced it myself I had no idea what it was how much it can effect yourself and so many people. Like so many I had the uncle that was on his 5th marriage or something like that. I have no idea how he could have understood God's plan for marriage.



It has been almost 5 years since the gavel went down. Some of the wounds have healed and some are as fresh as the day it happened. Holidays not unlike labor day are still tough for me. Holidays conjure up memories of what use to be and how we would truly spend extra family time together. Now I just try to get creative and more then anything avoid being alone. I was doing pretty good but the old enemy just wanted to jump in late Monday afternoon and I was more then happy to let him do so. Depression for me comes so fast sometimes. Pity is one thing I truly hate but leave it up to divorce to bring out all the junk. So, sitting on my couch complete with a barrage of phone calls from my ex-wife I was in that depression spiral I hate but can't seem to stop sometimes on my own.



I wanted to call someone but did not want to hear how much of a great day everyone was having. So, I just asked God for help. The phone rings and it was my friend Sean. How ya doing Dave, he asked. Then with just one answer he knew something was wrong. Just hearing him speak was good enough for me. Not just the awesome advice he gave but the fact that he cared. Once off the phone I was fine. Little beat up emotionally but fine.

A good friend of mine was telling me about someone who had thoughts of divorce. The reason was so sad to me. I just wanted to go and get him and sit him down and explain how much it hurts. Yet people often say "I can't take it anymore in this marriage". I suggest they turn on the stove and place there hand squarely on the burner. It will hurt a great deal but the pain will go away in a few hours.....I wish divorce was that way.

I love you all,
GBDG

No comments: